The service provided is based on the 3 levels of prevention in occupational health approach:
a. Primary Prevention
Under the Primary Prevention, OSH ProCare is providing the following service packages for all industries:
i. Total Healthy Lifestyle Promotion
- Balance & Healthy Diet
- Heart Health & Diabetes Mellitus
- Physical Exercise & Fitness
- Control of Poor Social Habit
- Stress Management
- Vaccination & Immunization
- Periodical Health Screening
ii. Pre & Post Employment and Return to Work Health Assessment
- New Employee & Pre-retirement
- Return to Work after Long Absence due to Injury/Illness
b. Secondary Prevention
Most of the preventive measures required under Occupational Safety & Health Act 1994 (OSHA 1994) and Factories & Machinery Act 1967 (FMA 1967) are covered under the Secondary Prevention. Therefore, OSH ProCare are providing the following service package for all employees and industries covered under OSHA 1994 :
i. Chemical Health Risk Assessment (CHRA) by Competent CHRA Assessor Certified by DOSH
The service provided is based on the requirement of Part II (Section 5), Part IV (Section 9-13) and Part V (Section 14-16) of the Occupational Safety & Health (Use & Standards of Exposure of Chemicals Hazardous to Health) Regulation 2000 or USECHH 2000.
ii. Hygiene Monitoring by Competent Hygiene Technician Certified by DOSH
- Chemical Exposure Monitoring
The service package provided is inclusive of personal and area monitoring based on the requirement of Part III (Section 6-8) and Part VIII (Section 26) of USECHH 2000.
- Noise Exposure Monitoring
The service package provided is inclusive of personal and area monitoring (noise mapping) based on the requirement of Factories & Machinery (Noise Exposure) Regulation 1989.
iii. Local Exhaust Ventilation (LEV) Examination & Testing by Competent Hygiene Technician II Certified by DOSH
This service package is based on fulfilling the requirement of Part V (Section 17 & 19) of USECHH 2000.
iv. Health Surveillance by Occupational Health Doctor certified by DOSH
This service package is based on fulfilling the requirement of Part IX (Section 27) and X (Section 28) of USECHH 2000.
v. Hearing Conservation by Occupational Health Doctor certified by DOSH
This service package is based on fulfilling the requirement of Factories & Machinery (Noise Exposure) Regulation 1989 and OSHA 1994. The package will include Otoscopic (Ear Examination) and Audiometric test.
vi. Fitness to Work for High Risk Jobs/Tasks by Occupational Health Doctor certified by DOSH
This service package is based on fulfilling the requirement of Factories & Machinery Act 1967 (FMA 1967) and OSHA 1994. The package will include health assessment for employees program for those required to perform high risk jobs or tasks listed below:
- Car Driving on Company Business
- Confined Space Entry (Ref. Code of Practice for Safe Working in A Confined Space by DOSH, No. JKKP : COP(I/M)02/2001)
- Driving of Specialized Vehicles e.g. Pallet, Fork Lift & Reach Trucks and Lorry
- Lone Worker
- Occupational Skin Diseases (OSD)
- Pregnant Employee & New Mother
- Self-contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA)
- Sewage Handling
- Video Display Equipment (VDU) / Display Screen Equipment (DSE)
- Working at Heights
In addition to the above listed services, OSH ProCare is also providing specially customized services as per our client corporate requirement or/and industrial best practices.
c. Tertiary Prevention
In order to ensure that we are providing the complete package of occupational healthcare, OSH ProCare is also providing Occupational Health Consultancy service to all organizations and businesses that require such service.
A standard scope of work for such service that we are offering are as follows:
a. Occupational Health Consultation
A designated Occupational Health Doctor (a medical doctor specialized in occupational health and approved by DOSH) will:
- Provide appropriate occupational health (OH) and medical advice to fulfill the requirement of the client's Safety & Health Policy, as well as compliance to the local OH regulations;
- Assist the Human Resource function, where appropriate, to evaluate and manage the quality and cost of the healthcare that is being provided to employees;
- Assist the client management in the implementation of the OH aspects of the client's corporate OSH Management System;
- Provide the appropriate OH and medical advice to the client's Safety & Health Committee;
- Assist in the planning & implementation of appropriate OH-related training for employees and development of internal OH resource program;
- Periodically, visit the client's work areas e.g. plant, factory, plantation estate, warehouse, lab and office to provide advice to the management on the implementation of the OH and medical programs as per the client corporate requirement and in compliance of the OSH regulatory requirement;
- Participate in the evaluation and audit of compliance with the OH and medical programs in the various functions / sites within the client's business;
- Provide analytical analysis of the OH and medical data of the client for the Safety & Health Committee.
b. Medical Treatment
The OH Doctor will also provide appropriate medical treatment to affected employees whenever required.
The ideal recession buster – Save now by using our Occupational Safety & Health (OSH) Consultancy service and reduce your overheads.
The OSH consultancy service offered by OSH ProCare provides the organization Client with a dedicated, experience, professional and DOSH-certified Safety and Health Officer (SHO) as an advisor or/and consultant in OSH. This is extremely cost effective when the size and/or nature of the organization does not justify employing a full time OSH professional but allows an organization to achieve legal compliance and maintain OSH performance. This service is established based on consultation and agreement with the respective Client to suit the Client requirement and budget.
A standard OSH Consultancy scope of work can be described as follows:
a. Occupational Safety & Health Consultation
A designated SHO approved by DOSH will:
- Provide the Client with the appropriate OSH advice to fulfill the requirement of the Client's Safety & Health Policy and compliance to the local OSH regulations;
- Fulfill the duties of a SHO provided under Section 18-20 of the OSH (SHO) Reg. 1997;
- Assist the management in the implementation of the OSH program for the client's corporate OSH Management System;
- Provide the appropriate OSH advice to the client's Safety & Health Committee;
- Assist in the planning & implementation of appropriate OSH-related training for employees and development of internal OSH resource program;
- Periodically, visit the client's work areas to provide advice to the management on how best to implement OSH programs as per the client corporate and regulatory OSH requirement;
- Participate in the evaluation and audit of compliance with the OSH programs in the various functions / sites within the client's business;
- Analyze and evaluate OSH data of the client for the Safety & Health Committee.
b. Workplace Risk Management
The designated OSH Consultant will help the client in their workplace risk assessment by:
- Assisting the client's management to effectively manage occupational safety & health risk at the workplace by providing proactive & preventive solutions via HIRARC e.g. hazard identification (HI), risk assessment (RA) & recommend risk control (RC) plan at the workplace;
- Train selected employees to be internal assessors and establish an in-house system to sustain the system in the long run.
OSH ProCare is also offering a comprehensive and cost-effective solution to our client’s OSH training needs, whether you are a small, medium or large industrial players, local or multinational organization. We design and deliver courses that can be tailored to your specific requirements based on real issues facing organizations today, backed by comprehensive and the latest industrial best practices training materials and literature.
Prior to conducting the training, we will conduct a site visit / interview to capture & understand the nature of our client workplace hazard so that the training material prepared are tailored to for the organization especially in controlling the identified hazards.
Some of the training modules provided by OSH ProCare are as follows:
a. Occupational Safety & Health Series
- Job Safety Analysis (JSA)
- OSH for General Employees
- OSH Legislations
- OSH for Line Managers / Supervisory
- OSH Management
- OSH Risk Management (HIRARC)
- OSH Policy & Program
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Positive Measures of OSH Technique
- Product Stewardship
- Safety & Health Committee
- Incident Report & Investigation
b. Occupational Safety Series
- 5S & Housekeeping
- Change Management - Plant & Process Modification
- Permit to Work System
- Plant / Warehouse / Lab / Office Safety
c. Occupational Health Series
- Chemical Management
- Ergonomics - Display Screen Equipment (DSE)
- Ergonomics - Manual Handling
- Ergonomics - Office
- Total Healthy Lifestyle Promotion
- Industrial Noise & Hearing Conservation
- Occupational First Aid & CPR
- Smoking Cessation
- Occupational Health Program & Services
- SOCSO Benefits, Impairment Assessment & Rehabilitation
- Stress Management
d. OSH Special Series
OSH ProCare also designs and provides customize in-house OSH training to suit our Client’s need.
a. Occupational & Boundary Noise Monitoring
b. Iso-Kinetic & Non Iso-Kinetic Stack Sampling
c. Ambient Air Monitoring
d. Waste Water & Effluent Monitoring
a. Personal Protective Equipment & Clothing
b. Occupational / Industrial Hygiene Monitoring Equipment